Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween Fun

Halloween is not one of my favorite holidays. I don't think about it, I don't decorate, I'm lucky I buy candy. BUT....... when the nite finally arrives, then I get going! SOme of my last minute ideas ain't so bad either.
One year I dressed myself up as one of those scary dummies that sit on the front porch . Scared the beejeepers out of kids... they thought I was just something sitting there until I jumped up and booed them... Boy that was fun....
When I was growing up, my dad used to make the kids do tricks for their treats...so, I've taken up the tradition. Last nite, whenever I heard that "TRICK OR TREAT, I'd open the door and explain that part of Halloween at this house was that I made kids tell jokes, do a dance, or sing. The parents thought it was quite funny,,, some even joined in. The kids were a little embarrassed, but they did it.and really did tell me jokes, knock knock jokes, and a few did the chicken dance or the macarena..and the little babies didn't have to do a trick they were just too cute..but they were a riot... .. EXCEPT for a pair that didn't think the candy was worth it! They walked away without any candy! OH WELL.... not my loss!....They went across the street and got candy, I called them chickens... I'm so mean! OH and one more thing....there happened to be a moth flittering around my porch lite,, and every single one asked what it was..."I said it was part of the whole decoration effect!".. they didn't get that part tho!
Ahh, the fun of Halloween! At least I didn't scare anyone!
All this was going on while hubby is sitting on the couch watching tv and trying not to chuckle.
Now for Christmas! Not one of my favorite holidays anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment